Prince Philip to remain in hospital ‘into next week’ while receiving treatment for an infection

Want the most up-to-date celebrity exclusives sent straight to your inbox every day? Sign up now and join the club!

Prince Philip will reportedly stay in hospital into next week as he's treated for an infection.

The Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to King Edward VII Hospital in London on 16 February, with it being confirmed that medics are taking care of the 99 year old as a precautionary measure.

Now, according to Mirror Online, the royal is due to spend his second weekend in hospital as a source told the publication: “The Duke of Edinburgh will continue to stay in hospital over the weekend and into next week as he continues to receive treatment for an infection.

“He has been in good spirits and is comfortable.”

  • The biggest revelations from Prince Harry's interview with James Corden including Meghan's sweet nickname for her husband

  • The Queen tells anti-vaxxers to 'think about others' as she urges them to get coronavirus vaccine

Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK!'s daily newsletter. You can sign up at the top of the page.

When approached by OK! Online for further comment, a Buckingham Palace spokesperson said: "Our statement from Tuesday remains our only update."

Earlier this week, the palace issued a statement explaining that Prince Philip is comfortable but is not expected to return home "for several days."

Royal correspondent Omid Scobie broke the news on Twitter as he wrote: "Buckingham Palace with an update on Prince Philip: “The Duke of Edinburgh remains at King Edward VII’s Hospital where he is receiving medical attention for an infection.

  • Sign up for the BEST celebrity house tours and BIGGEST exclusive interviews

  • Download OK! magazine's FREE app and get all the gossip straight to your phone

"He is comfortable and responding to treatment but is not expected to leave hospital for several days.”

Prince Philip's youngest son Edward, also told Sky that he had spoken to his father on the phone and revealed that he is "a lot better".

When asked how he was doing, the Earl of Wessex, 56, explained: "As far as I'm aware, well I did speak to them the other day, so he's a lot better thank you very much indeed, and he's looking forward to getting out, which is the most positive thing.


Who is in line for the throne after the Queen as Meghan Markle and Prince Harry announce second child

"So we keep our fingers crossed."

Prior to this, the Duke's grandson Prince William, 38, who is reportedly appalled by brother Harry and Meghan Markle's interview with Oprah Winfrey, offered an update on his condition, explaining that medics are "keeping an eye" on the royal.

The Queen

  • The Queen spends a whopping '£30,000…
  • Meghan Markle and Prince Harry make …
  • Prince William reveals Prince Philip…
  • Prince Charles visits father Prince …
  • Take a look inside Buckingham Palace which features 775 rooms including a decadent gallery and iconic balcony

When asked about the his condition by royal photographer Arthur Edwards, Prince William responded: "Yes, he's OK. They're keeping an eye on him."

He is said to have then given a wink to well-wishers as he visited a vaccination centre at the King's Lynn Corn Exchange in Norfolk.

Source: Read Full Article