Get the best celeb exclusives and video house tours to your inbox every evening with our daily newsletter
Katie Price and Carl Woods have been defended by police after they were accused of breaking lockdown rules with a Valentine’s Day trip.
Katie, 42, and Carl, 32, were criticised for travelling to a luxury cabin in Shropshire over the weekend but have insisted that while they “don’t condone” the trip the couple were not “found to have broken the regulations”.
West Mercia Police said in a statement: “While we discourage this kind of behaviour and do not condone it, neither party was found to have broken the regulations, which allow for holiday apartments to provide accommodation for a person who needs it for work purposes, or to provide voluntary or charitable service.
“As we continue to deal with the Covid-19 pandemic it is important people adhere to the spirit of lockdown and protect the NHS.”
Katie Price's 'week from hell' as friends speak out: 'She knows life will never be the same again'
Katie Price's boyfriend Carl Woods treats her to two bouquets worth £10,000 on Valentine's Day
Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK's daily newsletter. You can sign up at the top of the page.
Katie, who is said to be set to appear on Celebrity Masterchef, and her beau Carl had previously been spoken to by police after they were accused of breaking lockdown rules for the Valentine’s Day trip, where the pair stayed at Henlle Hall cottages.
The couple left Carl’s Essex home at the weekend and drove 180 miles to the luxury cottages in Shropshire, where they previously visited for a family Christmas break before lockdown.
But, police said that they had found the pair had not breached any regulations.
Shropshire DCI Rik Klair told The Sun Online: “We received reports on Sunday 14 February of a possible Covid breach at a location near Oswestry.
“Officers attended and after speaking to the manager of the premises identified that two individuals were staying at this location.
“It was found that they were there for legitimate business purposes and were not issued with any fines.
“We are continuing to liaise with the premises to see if any breach of the Covid-19 regulations has taken place on their part.”
Meanwhile Henlle Hall owner Cosmo Lloyds told Shropshire Star that his venue is regularly used for photoshoots.
Sign up to our daily newsletter for the BEST celebrity house tours and BIGGEST exclusive interviews
Download OK! magazine's FREE app and get all the latest gossip straight to your phone
He said: “We have the perfect venue for companies who want to do promotional photo shoots, with the hall itself and the beautiful woodland.
“Businesses can continue to have their crews working on such projects.”
The owner added that Katie had previously visited the location as they said: “She loves it here and we enjoy having her.
“Last year when we were not in lockdown she came and enjoyed a holiday with her family.
“And, like this weekend, she has visited us to use our premises for photo shoots for her businesses.
“We are open for legitimate stays such as for key workers working away from home. We are completely Covid compliant.”
Source: Read Full Article