Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly head on double date with wives at Newcastle match
Ant McPartlin andDeclan Donnelly enjoyed a double date with their wives to watch their beloved Newcastle United.
The popular presenting duo visited the club’s home ground St James’ Park on Monday night with their other halves, Anne-Marie Corbett and Ali Astall, to see the Magpies in action against Leicester City.
During the game,Ant and Dec, both 47, were both seen chatting to their respective wives while sitting in the stands.
The match ended in a 0-0 draw, earning Newcastle an all-important point to clinch a top four finish and a place in next season’s Champions League.
The pair took to Instagram to celebrate the achievement, posting a jubilant selfie with the caption: “Hey ho let’s go! #nufc.”
It comes after the duo shocked fans last week byannouncing they were taking a break from Saturday Night Takeaway after 20 series of the show.
The Geordie pair said in a video message they wanted to ‘catch their breath’ while putting their popular prime time ITV show on pause.
Ant said: "We love makingSaturday Night Takeaway, but reaching the milestone of 20 series seemed like the perfect time to pause for a little while and catch our breath."
Dec added: "We still have a momentous 20th series to look forward to first so we will do our best to go out (for now) with a bang in 2024!"
The pair referenced the huge workload that they have taken on over the years with the show.
The new series will go ahead in 2024, but after that, the presenters will step away to focus on other projects.
Shocked fans have sincespeculated that the decision was down to tanking ratings.
The launch episode for the 19th series, which is currently airing on ITV, drew in the lowest audience numbers since the show first launched in 2002.
The last time the show took a break was 2009. That lasted for four years, before returning in 2013.
Kevin Lygo, ITV Managing Director, Media and Entertainment, said: "When you think of Saturday night television you think of Saturday Night Takeaway.
"Over 20 series the show has become a cultural phenomenon, and while we eagerly anticipate what Ant & Dec have up their sleeves for the 2024 series, we completely understand their desire to take a pause, take stock, and think about what the next incarnation of the show might look like."
While they may be stepping away from Saturday Night Takeaway after the 2024 series, Ant & Dec will remain up front and centre on ITV – due to their reported £30 million "golden handcuffs" deal.
They will remain presenting hit shows on the channel includingI’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here,Britain's Got Talent and Limitless Win.
- Go here for the latest celeb and showbiz news
- Jamie Laing and Sophie Habboo's Spanish wedding – all the pics from pair's second nuptials
- Molly-Mae Hague earns staggering £3.4million in a year following career success
- Billie Shepherd’s mum Suzie: ‘Menopause rocked my self-esteem, but I feel great at 54’
- Katie Price is a 'proud mummy' as she gushes over daughter Princess' latest snap
Source: Read Full Article